Women’s leadership network WithIt kicked off its 15th year by naming its 2012 Board of Directors. Julia Rosien, Chief Idea Officer at SocialNorth.com, will take over as president, becoming the first president based outside the United States.
Rosien has already created the new position of Vice President of Social Media, and is currently creating a series of leadership-focused videos to promote the organization.
Rosien is joined on the WithIt Board of Directors by seven new board members, as well as many veteran members. The board includes:
- Chairman, Board of Governors – Stephanie Lowder, president and creative director, Rare Bird Creative
- Chairman – Mary Leigh Howell, president, Howell Communications
- President – Julia Rosien, chief idea officer, SocialNorth.com
- Secretary – Cindy Williams, vice president client services, Info Retail
- Treasurer – Peg Whitehurst, vice president finance, Norwalk Furniture
Vice Presidents/Committee Chairs:
- Marketing – Amanda Williams, public relations account supervisor, Wray Ward
- Media – Julie Smith Vincenti, chief content officer/manager, Nine Muses Media LLC
- Mentoring – Lorri Kelley, vice president of sales, Palliser
- Education – Pat Bowling, vice president of communications, American Home Furnishings Alliance
- Networking – Margi Kyle, owner/interior designer, The Designing Doctor
- Membership – Kim Grubb, account executive, Wright of Thomasville
- Social Media – Dana Helms, client service account manager, MicroD Inc.
- Scholarship – Violette Forman, general manager, Havertys Furniture
Vice President at Large Officers:
- Casegoods/Upholstery – Carol Gregg, owner and chief designer, red egg
- Student Outreach – Amy Schmidt, vice president of merchandising communications, FurnitureDealer.net
- Supplier/Design – Libby Langdon, president, Libby Interiors Inc.
- Retail – Shelley Parlin, chief operating officer, PROFITsystems
Regional Vice Presidents:
- Vice President Florida – Alexia Rouquette, director of marketing and public relations, Twin Star International/Classical Flame
- Vice President Virginias/Carolinas – Trisha Kemerly, president, WhipSmart Creative
- Vice President Chicago/Midwest – Annie Balonick, vice president of market development, LPK Intl.
- Vice President International – Donna Bartlett, president, ViewIt Technologies Inc.
- Vice President Dallas/Southwest – Cameron Cook, public relations manager, Four Hands
- Vice President New York Metro/Northeast – Jana Platina Phipps, owner, Home Couture Collective/Classical Elements
- Vice President Las Vegas/West – Kassie Smith, interior designer and project development consultant, Kassie Smith Lifestyle Group