Led by the members of its Strategic Alliances Task Force, the American Lighting Association  has formed a tactical partnership with the National Association of the Remodeling Industry in hopes of keying in on the lucrative residential renovation market.
The union will allow members on both sides to network and strengthen business ties, as well as share best practices; the sister industries have both been seriously impacted by the recent housing downturn.
According to the American Lighting Association, a number of items are on the agenda for dual consideration in the months to come. The highlights include:
• Nationwide focus groups between American Lighting Association members' lighting showrooms and National Association of the Remodeling Industry members to discuss partnership ideas.
• Joint lighting seminars for American Lighting Association and National Association of the Remodeling Industry members.
• Access to training courses from both organizations.
• Speaking engagements for American Lighting Association and National Association of the Remodeling Industry members.
• Shared marketing efforts.