The 2012 American Lighting Assn. Annual Conference , Sept. 9-11, promises to be a "must-attend event," thanks to fantastic seminars and networking opportunities as well as yet another fabulous location - the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch  in Scottsdale, AZ.
This year's industry-wide event boasts an agenda filled with can't-miss speakers and timely seminars on topics ranging from new lighting technology advances to new marekting and merchandising ideas. In addition, you will get plenty of chances to network with peers and suppliers in a relaxed setting. For more information, check out the online brochure  or visit ALAConference.com .
SATURDAY, SEPT. 8
2-5 p.m. Registration Open
SUNDAY, SEPT. 9
7-8 a.m. Registration Open
7:30- 8:45 a.m. Finance Committee Meeting
8 a.m.- 1 p.m. Golf Tournament (on property)
8:45-10:45 a.m. Board of Governors Meeting
10 a.m.-5 p.m. Registration Open
1-5 p.m. Showroom Networking Group Meetings
5:30-6 p.m. New Member Orientation
6-6:45 p.m. New Members/First Timers Reception
6-7 p.m. Registration Open
7-8:30 p.m. Gala Welcome Reception
MONDAY, SEPT. 10
7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Registration Open
8-9:45 a.m. Opening Breakfast/Featured Presentation: Donald Cooper, The Donald Cooper Corp., Accelerate Your Business: How to Sell More, Manage Smarter, Grow Your Bottom Line ... and Have a Life
10 a.m. – Noon Morning Seminars
- Accelerate Your Business: The Seminar, Donald Cooper, The Donald Cooper Corp.
- Distribution Strategies for Lighting Manufacturers, F. Barry Lawrence, Ph.D, Texas A&M University
- Selling Has Nothing to Do With Selling, Rick Farrell, Tangent Knowledge Inc.
- Selling a Lighting Package: How to Increase Sales and Profits, Norm Brown, CLC®, Norburn Lighting & Bath Centre
12:15-2:15 p.m. Business Lunch
2:30-4:30 p.m. Afternoon Seminars
- Build Your Relationships … Build Your Business, Laura Bruno, The Business Relationship Authority
- Avoiding Legal Pitfalls Related to Anti-Trust Issues and the Internet, Scott Ewing and Bill Morrison, Haynes and Boone LLP
- How to Reposition Your Sales Message, Rick Farrell, Tangent Knowledge Inc.
- The LED Revolution: Is Your Showroom Ready?, Norm Brown, CLC, Norburn Lighting & Bath Centre
5-6 p.m. Young Executives Reception
TUESDAY, SEPT. 11
7:30 a.m.–3 p.m. Registration Open
8-9:45 a.m. Breakfast/ Lighting for Tomorrow Awards/Featured Presentation: Marti Barletta, The TrendSight Group, Illuminating the Ultimate Customer: Women
10-11:45 a.m. Morning Seminars
- How to Get and Keep More Customers, Shari Harley, Candid Culture
- Lighting for Senior Living: New Ideas for a Growing Market, Terry McGowan, ALA Director of Technology and Engineering
- Selling to the World’s Biggest Spenders: Women, Marti Barletta, The TrendSight Group
- Outlook Secrets — Cut Your E-mail/Calendar Management Time in Half, Steve Turner, Turner Time Management
Noon-2:15 p.m. Manufacturers’ Exhibits/Lunch
2:45-4:30 p.m. Afternoon Seminars
- The Dance of Management: When and How to Step In ... And Out, Shari Harley, Candid Culture
- Optimizing Technological Tools to Obtain Greater Sales Results, Steve Turner, Turner Time Management
- Residential Duplex Outlets: Plug Into a Sales Opportunity, Fred Oberkircher, FIESNA, Educational IALD, IDA, LC, Texas Christian University
4:30-7 p.m. Registration Open
6:45-7:15 p.m. Reception
7:30-11 p.m. Annual Banquet / Inducation of Harry Kallick  into the Lighting Hall of Fame
The conference registration form can be downloaded at ALAConference.com  and submitted by mail or fax. You can also register via phone or e-mail by contacting Elizabeth Ware at (800) 605-4448 ext. 221 or [email protected] . Register by June 30 and you’ll receive a special discounted rate, as well as be entered to win a $250 credit for use at the resort.
- Hotel: Recently transformed with a $50 million renovation, the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch features a 2.5-acre water playground, a championship golf course and beautiful views of the majestic McDowell Mountains. ALA has negotiated a special group rate of $172 per night, plus tax, based on single or double occupancy. Contact the hotel for suite options. Reservations should be made by Aug. 17 online at ALAConference.com  or via phone at (480) 444-1234.
- Air Transportation: The resort is located about 20 minutes from the Sky Harbor Intl. Airport in Phoenix. American Airlines is offering a 5 percent discount on travel to and from the Conference. Reservations can be made by phone at (800) 433-1790 using the discount code A2292BF or online at www.aa.com  using code 2292BF — good for travel Sept. 5-15.
- Car Rental: The following rental companies are offering up to a 15 percent discount on car rental rates: Alamo, BY #529118, (800) 354-2322; Avis, AWD #B608500, (800) 331-1212; Budget, BCD# Z663400, (800) 527-0700; Hertz, CDP #089817, (800) 654-2200 (U.S.) or (800) 263-0600 (Canada); and National, Disc #5021601, (800) CAR-RENT.