Over 250 people attended Lighting One’s  annual convention last month during the Dallas Intl. Lighting Market , where the organization recognized excellence among its members, suppliers and reps.
This year’s theme for the convention was “In It to Win It,” emphasizing the importance of groups working together, which was the central message of Senior Vice President Gregg Garofalo’s opening remarks to attendees on Jan. 17. Garofalo also announced that Lighting One membership continues to grow, with 15 new members over the past 12 months.
“The addition of new members like Lighting Emporium, Masterpiece Lighting, Connecticut Lighting, Hermitage Lighting and new Canadian members Royal and Union Lighting will continue to enable us to attract even more members and suppliers,” Garofalo said in his remarks to the group.
The night’s award winners included:
· Largest Percentage Increase: KBL Design Center 
· “In It to Win It” Award: Dave Pamer of Kichler Lighting 
· Humanitarian Award – Member: Dan Wettstein of Lighting Design By Wettstein’s 
· Humanitarian Award – Supplier: Emerson 
· Independent Representative of the Year: Bob Stolzberg of Stolzberg & Associates 
· Dedication Award: Lee Nemeth of ELK Lighting Group 
· Supplier of the Year: ELK Lighting Group
· Member of the Year: Joe Kafka, Owner of Lincoln Lighting Center 
Over the next two days, the group had the chance to participate in a seminar with popular speaker Jon Schallert  sponsored by Kichler Lighting, a breakfast meeting sponsored by Quoizel Lighting , a ribbon cutting ceremony at Artcraft Lighting’s  new showroom and a private cocktail reception hosted by ELK Lighting Group.