At Lightfair® Intl. (LFI®) 2013, the world’s top designers, specifiers, engineers, architects, consultants and other industry professionals converge to discover all that is new and all that is next. Preceding and setting the stage for the trade show opening was the celebrated LFI Innovation Awards, which featured the industry’s most innovative products and designs introduced during the last 12 months. The energy and excitement were evident and continued through the close of the show on Thursday, April 25.
The LFI Innovation Awards had 307 entries from 156 different companies and spanned 15 categories, with each submission judged by an independent panel of lighting professionals. The winners were awarded for product entries that exemplify the best in innovative design and thinking.
The 2013 key award winners are:
• Philips BoldPlay: Most Innovative Product of the Year — the program’s highest award, recognizing the most innovative new product
• Cooledge Lighting Light Sheet: Design Excellence Award — recognizing outstanding achievement in design
• Dow Corning® Brand Moldable Silicones: Technical Innovation Award — recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology
Visit http://www.lightfair.com/lightfair/V40/index.cvn?id=10219 for a full list of LFI Innovation Awards 2013 winners.
LFI has also awarded exhibitors that excelled in visual booth display and product presentation. The 2013 Best Booth Award Winners are:
1) 100 Square Feet: Oxygen Booth # 3631
2) 200 to 300 Square Feet: Everbrighten Co. Ltd. Booth # 4905F
3) 400 to 500 Square Feet: Iluminarc Booth # 322
4) 600 to 800 Square Feet: The Lighting Quotient Booth # 4035
5) 900 Square Feet and larger: Juno Lighting Group Booth # 2145
Philips Booth # 1401
6) Building Integration Pavilion: Touche Controls Booth # 3145
7) Daylighting Pavilion: Ciralight Global Inc. Booth # 3037
8) Design Pavilion: OCL Architectural Lighting Booth # 725
9) Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion: Auroralight Inc. Booth # 1855
10) Global Light + Design Pavilion: AXO LIGHT USA Booth #435
Reggiani Lighting USA Inc. Booth # 635
11) New Exhibitor Pavilion: Nordic Light America Inc. Booth # 3825
Lightfair Intl. held an Exhibitor Reception the night prior to the Awards ceremony and the winners of the iPad® drawing were Barrisol USA, Greentek Lighting and Excellence Opto Inc.