A new design representative is among the newest members added to the High Point Market Authority Board of Directors.
Jena Hall of Jena Hall Designs, one of six new additions to the board, will be a non-voting liaison who represents the design community.
“Having a representative of the design community on the board fills a void that we had in our board’s representation,” Tom Conley, President and CEO of the High Point Market Authority, said in a statement. “Jena Hall’s experience and expertise will add another viewpoint to help the Market Authority continue to grow and improve what we offer to each of the Market’s stakeholders.”
Other new board members include:
- John Bray of Vanguard, representing home furnishings showroom operators;
- Kevin Archer of Courtyard by Marriott, as current chair of the High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau, a non-voting liaison who replaces Jim Morgan, whose term expired;
- George Clopton of Polo Ralph Lauren, as current chair of the High Point Chamber of Commerce, a non-voting liaison replacing Jim Huntley, whose term expired;
- Mike Huber of Belfort Furniture, representing the retail community and replacing Keith Koenig; and
- Lynn Underwood of Centers of High Point, representing showroom building owners, and taking the seat held by the late Lynn Davis.
In addition, the seats formerly held by Lisa Shankle of Showplace and Brian Bunch of Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. were consolidated due to International Market Centers’ purchase of those buildings.
The board’s executive committee now includes Bray, Chairman Kevin O’Connor of Samson Marketing, Vice Chairman Doug Bassett of Vaughan-Bassett, Treasurer Tom Mitchell of IMC and High Point Mayor Becky Smothers.
Other voting board members include Tom Dayvault from the High Point Chamber of Commerce, Mike Huber of Heinz Kattenfeld and Tim Mabe from the High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Other liaison members of the board include Britt Moore from the High Point City Council, Bruce Davis from the Guilford County Board of Commissioners, Steve DeHaan from the National Home Furnishings Association, Rick Gillispie from the International Home Furnishings Representatives Association, Loren Hill from the High Point Economic Development Corporation and Foster Douglas from the High Point City Council.
Ex-officio members of the board are Conley and Strib Boynton, High Point’s City Manager.